BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Autotelic
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello. I don't know in what board I should post this, there doesn't seem to be a good fit.

I used to work on SAS from a jupyter lab notebook (the same happens with the old jupyter notebook). A few weeks ago IT had to reinstall SAS on my Windows 10 Machine. Since then, when I try to run any SAS code in a notebook, I get the following.sas_cm.PNG

(The image is large enough, but this seems to shrink it to the point where it is unreadable). Here's the wall of text I get:

The application could not log on to the server. The server process did not start.
SAS process has terminated unexpectedly. RC from wait was: 4294967290
SAS Connection failed. No connection established. Double check you settings in sascfg.py file.

Attempted to run program C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\bin\java.exe with the following parameters:['C:\\Program Files\\SASHome\\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\\9.4\\jre\\bin\\java.exe', '-Dcom.sas.iom.orb.brg.zeroConfigWorkspaceServer.sascmd="C:\\Program Files\\SASHome\x86\\SASFoundation\\9.4\\sas.exe"', '-classpath', 'C:\\Program Files\\SASHome\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\sas.svc.connection.jar;C:\\Program Files\\SASHome\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\log4j.jar;C:\\Program Files\\SASHome\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\sas.security.sspi.jar;C:\\Program Files\\SASHome\\SASDeploymentManager\\9.4\\products\\deploywiz__94390__prt__xx__sp0__1\\deploywiz\\sas.core.jar;C:\\ProgramData\\Anaconda3\\Lib\\site-packages\\saspy\\java\\saspyiom.jar', 'pyiom.saspy2j', '-host', 'localhost', '-stdinport', '61493', '-stdoutport', '61494', '-stderrport', '61495', '-zero', '']

Be sure the path to sspiauth.dll is in your System PATH

No SAS process attached. SAS process has terminated unexpectedly.
Restarting SAS session on your behalf
in shutdown function
Restarting kernel...
Done!

I have made sure sspiauth.dll is in mine System PATH:

envir_var.PNG

Something else that might be relevant is that I have three different deploywiz folders. I've tried editing sascfg.py to each of them specifically and the result was the same with all of them.deploywiz.PNG

This problem seems to be the same that is troubleshooted in this link, point 5.

I have also followed the instructions there, but they didn't help me.

Here's what I see in my registry:registry.PNG

When I run 

"C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe" /regserver

Nothing seems to happen as you can see in the gif below. And after doing all this, I still get the same problem I showed at the top.cmd_line.gif

This is my SAS version.

sas_ver.PNG

I don't know what else to try. Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Autotelic
Obsidian | Level 7
Fixed it!

I just had to comment out the key concerning "javaparms" from the winlocal dictionary in sascfg.py.

Big help from Tom Weber in solving this. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Autotelic
Obsidian | Level 7
Fixed it!

I just had to comment out the key concerning "javaparms" from the winlocal dictionary in sascfg.py.

Big help from Tom Weber in solving this. Thanks.
muhuri
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

This is regarding SAS Notebook, which is not working in Jupyter Lab.

I have installed Anaconda distribution of Python as well as Jupyter Lab and modified the saspy configuration file.  The path to sspiauth.dll has also been added to the system PATH variable. SASPy is working fine. In the Jupyter Lab platform, I have been able to lunch python notebook, running python code, SASPy, and %%SAS and SAS code using Python kernel.

Issue: When attempting to launch SAS notebook (using licensed SAS 9.4M6, not the University edition), I get a dead kernel (i.e., No Kernel).  When the SAS kernel is selected, I get the following error message.

Error Starting Kernel

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\web.py", line 1699, in _execute

result = await result

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\gen.py", line 736, in run

yielded = self.gen.throw(*exc_info)  # type: ignore

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\sessions\handlers.py", line 73, in post

type=mtype))

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\gen.py", line 729, in run

value = future.result()

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\gen.py", line 736, in run

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\sessions\sessionmanager.py", line 79, in create_session

kernel_id = yield self.start_kernel_for_session(session_id, path, name, type, kernel_name)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\gen.py", line 729, in run

value = future.result()

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\sessions\sessionmanager.py", line 92, in start_kernel_for_session

self.kernel_manager.start_kernel(path=kernel_path, kernel_name=kernel_name)

value = future.result()

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\tornado\gen.py", line 209, in wrapper

yielded = next(result)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\notebook\services\kernels\kernelmanager.py", line 160, in start_kernel

super(MappingKernelManager, self).start_kernel(**kwargs)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\multikernelmanager.py", line 110, in start_kernel

km.start_kernel(**kwargs)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\manager.py", line 259, in start_kernel

**kw)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\manager.py", line 204, in _launch_kernel

return launch_kernel(kernel_cmd, **kw)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\site-packages\jupyter_client\launcher.py", line 138, in launch_kernel

proc = Popen(cmd, **kwargs)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\subprocess.py", line 775, in __init__

restore_signals, start_new_session)

File "C:\Users\Pradip.Muhuri\AppData\Local\Continuum\anaconda3\lib\subprocess.py", line 1178, in _execute_child

startupinfo)

FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Below is the output from the kernelspc list command.

base) C:\Users\FN.LN>jupyter kernelspec list

Available kernels:

ir         C:\Users\FN.LN\AppData\Roaming\jupyter\kernels\ir

python3    C:\Users\FN.LN\AppData\Roaming\jupyter\kernels\python3

sas        C:\Users\FN.LNi\AppData\Roaming\jupyter\kernels\sas

#Check whether the pyiom directory has the files saspy2j.class and saspy2j.java inside itimport os# List all files in a directory using os.listdirmypath = '/Users/FN.LN/AppData/Local/Continuum/anaconda3/lib/site-packages/saspy/java/pyiom'for entry in os.listdir(mypath😞    if os.path.isfile(os.path.join(mypath, entry)):        print(entry) saspy2j.classsaspy2j.java

I would appreciated if you could help me by resolving the  ‘No Kernel’ issue when the SAS kernel is selected from Jupyter Lab .

Thanks,

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation