BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ColmSmyth
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey everyone,

Is there or will there ever be the ability for SAS to connect to SFTP without the need to installing back end software such as putty and with the need for keychains.

Seems reasonable that all you should need is the below :

filename outfile sftp '/home/myfile.DAT' host="host.com" user="bigdaddy" passwd="Something";

data _null_;

file outfile;

do i=1 to 10;

put i=;

end;

run;

Problem seems to be that there is no Password options, surely if this feature was added there would then be a way for this to work ?

However this right now does not help me....at the moment my company seem to have coreftplite setup on our sas server, would anyone have any instructions or code to allow me to connect to an SFTP and take down files.

I also want to do all this interactively, not in batch.

Kind Regards

Colm

1 REPLY 1
TimB_SAS
SAS Employee

The SAS SFTP filename engine launches the system's SFTP command - and, as these commands do not support passing a password as a command-line option, there is no way for SAS to pass this information.  The SFTP filename is designed and intended only to be used with keys.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation