BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sennahlake
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have a database on a Microsoft SQL Server (2008) that I need to read in SAS.

I've understood that I should use ODBC, but I can't get SAS to "speak" with the SQL Server.

The database on the SQL Server in a "Database Engine", with SQL Server Authentication.

Does anyone has a solution to my problem?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Are you on a server or desktop?

If desktop, and assuming and ODBC license, try following the instructions here:

https://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts765.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Are you on a server or desktop?

If desktop, and assuming and ODBC license, try following the instructions here:

https://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts765.pdf

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please confirm if you have SAS/ACCESS to ODBC installed and licensed. Without this it is not going to work.

Also does your SAS server run on Windows or not? If it does you are in luck and you can easily use Windows Authentication with connections to SQL Server. If your SAS server runs on Unix then authentication gets a lot harder.

Please provide an example of what you have tried. If you are working in a totally Windows environment then you can specify everything for ODBC to work in a database connection string.

Sennahlake
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza and SASKiwi.

Sorry for late answer!

I'm using the SAS on a desktop, (not on a server), and have ODBC installed and licensed.

Right now I'm waiting for my IT-department to come and to do the ODBC Source set up that Reeza linked to

BR

Reeza
Super User

It's possible you need IT, but you can usually click the User tab and set it up yourself. 

Sennahlake
Calcite | Level 5

The problem has been solved thanks to your link, I just managed to connect one of ours SQl Server to SAS.

Happy Monday 🙂

Thanks for the help!

BR

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation