BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yovany
SAS Employee

Hi Team.

I have a question, please help me.

I need extract information of Bloomberg using other option, different to API in Excel, because my client (The bigger bank in Colombia) will not use Excel in this project, the customer wants to use other tools; the question is, What others formats or others connections are available to extract  information of de Blomberg?

I saw that is possible connect SAS to Bloomberg with FTP, but is a old process, and i Don't know if this process work now.

Please, Help me to do the connect.

Thank you, I appreciate to much your help!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

You need to look at this from the other direction - what options does Bloomberg offer for connection and how do I intergrate that into my tool of choice.

Your client is correct in not wanting to use Excel to handle large volumes of data and analysis. There is an abundance of examples online that demonstrate this as an issue. Almost all big excel projects I've had to transfer to SAS have had errors in the Excel workbook that were undetected and not intended. 

Yovany
SAS Employee
Thank you for your answer. I agree with your opinion, in fact, I did this question to Bloomberg support this morning, because I think that Bloomberg have many exits, not only the API of excel. But, I like know if someone did the connection of SAS with a other Blomberg exit.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hi @Yovany,

Is it BLPAPI your "exit"?

It seems like a SOAP interface, and you could perhaps use PROC SOAP to access it.

Depending on your application, SAs Event Stream Processing could be an option.

If this could be an upsale for SAS, my guess is that your local SAS office would be prepared to do a PoC.

Data never sleeps
Yovany
SAS Employee
Hi, Thank you for your answer.

The Exit in the bank in this moment is the Excel API, I saw in some articles that Bloomberg have a BLPAPI, and the developers can use C, C++, .NET, R, and they can build programs to use API, but it is no clear for me. In other articles talk over FTP connection. The option with PROC SOAP sound good, because I think that with SAS, we could build de proc soap and then send to Bloomberg de request file for a FTP way, but I don't know the process way FTP with Bloomberg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation