DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Combine hash object and pass through

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Combine hash object and pass through

[ Edited ]

Hello,
I'm doing a join between a small table in the work whith a big table in the teradata.
I thought about the hash objet.
When i use the libname if i call a table teradata in the step set tera.big_dataset,  the join work normaly whith long time of treatement.
can'i combine à objet hash and path through

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-10-2018 08:52 AM
Super User

Re: Combine hash object and pass through

Posted in reply to mansour_ibrahim

@mansour_ibrahim wrote:

Hello,
I'm doing a join between a small table in the work whith a big table in the teradata.
When i use the libname if i call a table teradata in the step set tera.big_dataset,  the join work normaly whith long time of treatement.

Thank you

No. Your problem comes from the fact that you load the Teradata table over to SAS. Either try to make that downloaded data as small as possible (select list, where condition), or load your SAS table to Teradata and join in an explicit pass-through.

The hash object is data step only and is not available in proc SQL.

For detailed help, post your code as advised in https://communities.sas.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-10-2018 08:52 AM
Super User

Re: Combine hash object and pass through

Posted in reply to mansour_ibrahim

@mansour_ibrahim wrote:

Hello,

Thank you

No. Your problem comes from the fact that you load the Teradata table over to SAS. Either try to make that downloaded data as small as possible (select list, where condition), or load your SAS table to Teradata and join in an explicit pass-through.

The hash object is data step only and is not available in proc SQL.

For detailed help, post your code as advised in https://communities.sas.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
How to convert datasets to data steps
How to post code
☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation