BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ecolife
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

This is Kelly and is my first time to post my question here...

The problem is that I couldn't import my excel to SAS...and I have checked the version of excel and it is excel 2016 64bit(office 365) and my PC is also X64 processor.

The error still shows:" Connect: Class not registered. Error in the LIBNAME statement." after I tried most solutions...including installing PC server and SAS re-installation. 

I have done the flowchart for troubleshooting: http://support.sas.com/kb/60/356.html#mdd-connect, and it says I should consult the technical support. Is there any further instruction for solving this problem? Or where should I ask for help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

have you tried with XLS or XLSX Replace options.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hi Kelly,

Can you please post the code that you used for importing excel file.
Ecolife
Fluorite | Level 6
PROC IMPORT DATAFILE="d:\icd9.xlsx"
     DBMS=EXCELCS
     OUT=WORK.test REPLACE;
RUN;

I have tried EXCELCS and EXCEL but there are in the same result.

Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

have you tried with XLS or XLSX Replace options.

Ecolife
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your great help! It works since I changed DBMS=excel to xlsx... However, I still can't use import wizard to import my excel data...It seems that I should import them manually QQ
Vish33
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

You are welcome!  code always should work across versions. Is importing through wizard is failing? in that case we have to see the excel versions its supporting through  wizard.

Ecolife
Fluorite | Level 6
It still doesn't work with the import wizard. My SAS version is 9.4, and my excel version is 64-bit 2016 office365(provided from my school...)
emrancaan
Obsidian | Level 7
options validvarname=any;
proc import out = multi 
	datafile = "test.xlsx" 
	dbms = xlsx  
	replace;    
	getnames = Yes; 
run;
Ecolife
Fluorite | Level 6
It's also a great solution. Thanks a lot!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation