DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Cannot Locate cre8data file in SAS Studio

New Contributor

Cannot Locate cre8data file in SAS Studio

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am starting to learn SAS and using SAS Studio, My problem is that I cannot locate the cre8data file in the SAS Studio as instructed in the class notes below. There is no folder in SAS Studio by the name of Workshops. Can anyone please help ?image.png

SAS Super FREQ

Re: Cannot Locate cre8data file in SAS Studio

[ Edited ]

Hi:
Typically the cre8data.sas class is the program name we use in our Classroom and Live Web classes for students to make the data on their classroom machines. We have a folder called Workshop (not Workshops on those machines). If you are currently in a Live Web class, you should sent a text message to your Live Web instructor and the Tech Support person in your class for help. The screen shot you show clearly shows cre8data.sas under a folder in SAS Studio and the folder is named Workshop on the S: drive.

For e-learning classes, we recommend you make a folder named after the class. For example, ECPRG193 for Programming 1 and ECPRG293 for Programming 2. The e-learning class has a program that you copy and paste from a popup window inside the course.

If you took a Classroom or Live Web class, then after class was over, you should have received a link with access to a web site where you can download a zip file. Inside that zip file, you would find the cre8data.sas program for that class.

For an e-learning class you would not use cre8data.sas. Are you working with the PDF of course notes from a class that you took or are you working with one of our e-learning classes? Knowing the name of the class and where you got the name cre8data.sas will be very useful.

Cynthia

New Contributor

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas
Hi,

I am using class notes which I downloaded from the website. Actually I downloaded the data long time ago but couldnt go for classes. Now I have started learning SAS on my own and going through the class notes. About the zip file you were talking about, is it possible to get the link here or perhaps that .zip file ?
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
If you paid for the class, and if you are located in the US, you should have received an email after class was over with the link for your access to download the class material.

My suggestion is that you send an email to training@sas.com with information about the date and location where you attended the class.

Otherwise you can activate the free Programming 1 class and get the data inside the Programming 1 class. Activate Programming 1 (the e-learning version) here: https://support.sas.com/edu/elearning.html?ctry=us&productType=library

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation