DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Can SAS dataset be exported as Oracle Table without dbms connection/ odbc connection

Occasional Contributor

Can SAS dataset be exported as Oracle Table without dbms connection/ odbc connection

HI Team,

Is there a way to export a sas dataset as Oracle/SQL Table without having a Connect to oracle(Odbc connection)??

The basic need here is to make data ready to upload in oracle, which is on a different machine as well as on different network and didn't have SAS Installation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rajesh

Super User

Re: Can SAS dataset be exported as Oracle Table without dbms connection/ odbc connection

Posted in reply to rajesh_k_jha_accenture_com

Databases usually have the ability to import delimited files (CSV etc). You can export your SAS data to a CSV and then import that into Oracle. 

Super User

Re: Can SAS dataset be exported as Oracle Table without dbms connection/ odbc connection

Posted in reply to rajesh_k_jha_accenture_com
Technically I don't think that Oracle tables can't live outside a database, so you need a connection.
The closest SAS can offer are the creation of bulk load files. But I think that SAS still needs a connection to produce these since it's a part of an integrated load step.
So I guess that the suggestion by @SASKiwi is the way to go, given that I understood the problem description correctly.
Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation