BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rajesh_k_jha_accenture_com
Calcite | Level 5

HI Team,

Is there a way to export a sas dataset as Oracle/SQL Table without having a Connect to oracle(Odbc connection)??

The basic need here is to make data ready to upload in oracle, which is on a different machine as well as on different network and didn't have SAS Installation.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rajesh

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Databases usually have the ability to import delimited files (CSV etc). You can export your SAS data to a CSV and then import that into Oracle. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Technically I don't think that Oracle tables can't live outside a database, so you need a connection.
The closest SAS can offer are the creation of bulk load files. But I think that SAS still needs a connection to produce these since it's a part of an integrated load step.
So I guess that the suggestion by @SASKiwi is the way to go, given that I understood the problem description correctly.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation