BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Ahsan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I need some help to validate oracle code which is implemented in the database. I am validating in SAS.

Here is the business logics which I have to tested

1)Derive True Original TCN on the CLAIM_HEADER_ALL table based on the TCN found on a table for that 'replaced TCN number'.

If the 'replaced TCN number' field is a null or ‘~’ value, then the fetched TCN becomes the True Original TCN.

2) Derive True Original TCN on the CLAIM_HEADER_ALL table based on the TCN found on a table for that 'replaced TCN number'.

If the 'replaced TCN number' field is a null or ‘~’ value, then the fetched TCN becomes the True Original TCN.

3)Derive True Original TCN on the CLAIM_HEADER_ALL table based on the TCN found on a table for that 'replaced TCN number'.

If there is a value in the 'replaced TCN number' field, then fetch the row where the TCN matches that value, up the chain, until the original TCN is found.

4)Derive True Original TCN on the CLAIM_HEADER_ALL table based on the TCN found on a table for that 'replaced TCN number'.

If the original TCN is not found, the default value of <NULL>  will be assigned.

I appreciate all the help.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Ahsan

If you want to verify if the business logic has been correctly implemented in Oracle, wouldn't you rather run the logic either against factored test cases or then analyse the data - source and result - and verify that the cases where data gets changed/not changed comply with the business logic? And of course: You can use SAS for this sort of analysis.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
So you want to mimic the logic from an Oracle application and compare the results?
Well there is no real silver bullet, you probably need to code this in SAS. Can you be more specific on what you need help with?
Data never sleeps
Ahsan
Calcite | Level 5
Yes i would like to compare the results. I need to code this in SAS. I need help to right a code to verify the business logic.

Thank You
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Ahsan

If you want to verify if the business logic has been correctly implemented in Oracle, wouldn't you rather run the logic either against factored test cases or then analyse the data - source and result - and verify that the cases where data gets changed/not changed comply with the business logic? And of course: You can use SAS for this sort of analysis.

Ahsan
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you I did verify the business logic which was implemented in oracle.

Thank You
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Please be a lot more specific in your title next time.

Any question here could have the same title, and that would be a huge pain.

Useful titles also trigger faster, better help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation