BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
naziya
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

While running a sas code , i got this error ERROR: CLI cursor extended fetch error: [SAS/ACCESS to SQL Server][ODBC SQL Server Legacy Driver]String data, right truncation.

In my code i am using a proc sql to create a dataset . In the proc sql i am selecting columns from a SQL Server datasource.

please explain me the meaning of this error and kindly enlighten me about the areas i should explore to handle this error.

suggestions to rectify this error are always welcome.

Regards,

Naziya

4 REPLIES 4
naziya
Calcite | Level 5

hi Patrick , Paige , Tom and Cynthia.

please help me reslove this issue regarding CLI fetch error. please provide your valuable inputs and suggestions.

https://communities.sas.com/thread/53581

Thanx in advance

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you get errors of this nature, in my opinion, the first thing you should do, the very first thing (before posting to the forums), is search on SUPPORT.SAS.COM to see whether there are any error messages documented in Tech Support notes. If there are Tech Support notes on your issue, then you should read those notes to find out whether this is a known issue with a resolution. If nothing in the notes indicates a fit for your particular scenario, then this means that you need to open a track with Tech Support, so that they can investigate to see whether your issue is related to existing issues or whether you have discovered something new. In addition, Tech Support will be able to tell you whether there is a workaround or fix.

When I searched on part of your error string, you can see that there are hits. However, you are the person who knows what your site's configuration is and what SAS/ACCESS product you were using. So you are the only one who can evaluate the relevance of the Tech Support notes to your scenario.

To open a track with Tech Support, send email to support@sas.com, or fill out the form at this link: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm or you can call them at 919-677-8008 to open a track.

cynthia

cli_fetch_error.png
naziya
Calcite | Level 5

thanks Cynthia.. dat helps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation