BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
acegsm
Obsidian | Level 7

Good afternoon; I have a massive file and currrently I have scatter plots where the x-axis represents time1 and the y-axis represents time2. However, if possible, I would like to somehow reflect the amount of data reflected in each of those points (e.g. change the size of the point to reflect the bin size). Any suggestions on how I would accomplish this task? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Use a bubble plot!

PG

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
acegsm
Obsidian | Level 7
Oh! I should note that I am using sgplot!
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Use a bubble plot!

PG
acegsm
Obsidian | Level 7

I was just looking at those! Can you use them with sgplot in SAS 9.2; I just found a powerpoint that it is a new SGplot (http://www.sc-ctsi.org/assets/news-images/SAS93_SGProcedure_Static.pdf).

Reeza
Super User

We didn't/couldn't know you were using SAS 9.2...

GPLOT supports a bubble plot in SAS 9.2

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

When you say you have "a massive file," I assume that means that you do not have a single variable that summarizes the amount of data for each combination of time point. I think you need to perform 2-D binning of the data first, and then visualize the binned data.

Since SAS 9.2 is now 8 years old, and there have been 7 releases of SAS since then, it is hard to remember what techniques were available back then. For example, if you were using a modern version of SAS, I would recommend that you construct a hexagonal bin plot.   Since that won't work in SAS 9.2, I suggest you look into using PROC KDE to count observations in two-dimensional bins.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation