BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jericax
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way to import data to SAS unviersity that is larger than 10mb?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ksharp
Super User

What do you mean ? You mean WORK library can't hold this big table ?

Use 

options user='/folders/myfolders/' ;

switch your WORK into a Share fold, So as long as your disk is big enough to hold .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
It's "funny"...
Now I've searched for awhile about this limitation but can't find any official docs about it. At least not at any "front page".
But if there is a limitation (I'm there is, and it seems logical) I can hardly see you could bypass it. And if you could, you shouldn't. The sw is for free for learning purposes. So if you have a need for larger data, chances are you are a potential paying customer.
What is your requirement?
Data never sleeps
Reeza
Super User

There is a 10MB limit on AWS and SAS Academics On Demand. This is because you use someone else's services for running SAS in the cloud. If you use SAS UE on your computer there's no such limitation. 

Ksharp
Super User

What do you mean ? You mean WORK library can't hold this big table ?

Use 

options user='/folders/myfolders/' ;

switch your WORK into a Share fold, So as long as your disk is big enough to hold .

fatemeh
Quartz | Level 8

i mean ,all my big data can not be placed in datalines statment inside my program.i hope it is clear.

Ksharp
Super User

Why not make a TXT file to hold these data and use data step to import it .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation