BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BruceBrad
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

What is the best way to browse wide files with long labels? When I try to use Viewtable with View/Form view, I get lots of error messages saying that columns are skipped because data objects could not be created. I presume this is because of the labels I have attached to the variables.

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Are you using Base SAS? I've never seen that error. 

If Base, you can select to view variable names instead of labels under the second or third menu. 

What aare you trying to do while browsing the file? I usually use a proc freq/means to 'eyeball' larger datasets. 

BruceBrad
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yes, I believe viewtable is a base SAS product. I already have the view variable names selected. I think it is long formats causing the problem.

I'm after a solution for browsing wide files. Eg all the variables for a single record (when there are several hundred variables). I've now found fsbrowse which is better, but not ideal. For example, it has no indication to show how far across the file you are.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation