BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear All,

I am running a macro program script in batch process,

Where i am using proc x11, as per nature of proc x11, if get missing or 0 its shows error for particular segment.

Which is acceptable for my condition.

But it doesn't move for further in batch process while its running fine in interactive window mode.

scenario, there is 100 sheets in one excel , i am running do loop and getting each sheets as dataset and using proc x11 for each sheet to get the adjusted values.

Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You are experiencing the difference in batch and interactive processing by its logical nature.
In interactive mode the program  interacts with you and trusts you on you decision it can proceed seeing an error.
In batch mode you are not there, so the only thing that can be done is stopping processing and going into syntaxcheckmode.   
SAS(R) 9.3 System Options: Reference, Second Edition (syntaxcheck option). You could also need to control the syscc sysrc automatic macro vars.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You are experiencing the difference in batch and interactive processing by its logical nature.
In interactive mode the program  interacts with you and trusts you on you decision it can proceed seeing an error.
In batch mode you are not there, so the only thing that can be done is stopping processing and going into syntaxcheckmode.   
SAS(R) 9.3 System Options: Reference, Second Edition (syntaxcheck option). You could also need to control the syscc sysrc automatic macro vars.

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your guidance.

Is there any solution or do i need to always run it on interactive mode?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The mentioned options may be set in you batch-script (sas config). In that way the error-handling can be done like the interactive session.
The mentioned risk is that when something goes wrong you have not foreseen in your code, you could get more trouble.
It is your choice / risk evaluation on that process.

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

By running on interactive mode i m getting my desired result.

Just to save time i m looking for batch run.

Do i need to option nosyntaxcheck; ?

Aman4SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

i trying to use options nosyntaxcheck nodmssynchk;

thanks

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

That is the one that will allow processing of next steps even when there was an error.
I did not have seen your log but if this message (going into check mode) is in it this one will change that.
There are many more ones influencing the flow, sometimes a little bit puzzling which of them is for what.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation