BASE SAS

Occasional Contributor hmc
Occasional Contributor

BASE SAS

Hi Please help me in the below problem using SAS codes,

have attached the excel below.

The excel contains four sheets

Demo:  Demographic details of the customer
Policy  TypeSmiley Very Happyetails about the type of policy, age limits & duration limits for each insurance.
Claims: Details regarding claims made, claim date, settlement date, amount claimed and settled
Policy:  Details of each policy, sum assured, duration of policy & policy date,

I want to calculate:

Number of policies per person
 Number of joint policies per person
 Total sum assured
 Gender (in the data for variable gender if the 1st string is “m”, irrespective of being capital or small letter, it means “male”, otherwise “female”)
 Months on book (or number of months since a customer opened his/her 1st policy with the bank)
 Age of the customer
 Number of claims by a customer
 Create a flag for customer who has claimed and for customer who has not claimed till date.
 Flag taking the value 1 for a customer who has purchased a term insurance and 0 otherwise
 Total claims for each customer
 Flag taking value 1 for customer who will be ineligible to buy a term insurance after 5 years and value 0 otherwise
 Date of the policy expiring first, in the format like 12/31/2016
 Number of days since last claim made

Super User

Re: BASE SAS

[ Edited ]

Homework or interview? Please make an attempt at your own work. We're more than happy to help but this is not a request for help.

hmc wrote:

Hi Please help me in the below problem using SAS codes,

have attached the excel below.

The excel contains four sheets

Demo:  Demographic details of the customer
Policy  TypeSmiley Very Happyetails about the type of policy, age limits & duration limits for each insurance.
Claims: Details regarding claims made, claim date, settlement date, amount claimed and settled
Policy:  Details of each policy, sum assured, duration of policy & policy date,

I want to calculate:

Number of policies per person
 Number of joint policies per person
 Total sum assured
 Gender (in the data for variable gender if the 1st string is “m”, irrespective of being capital or small letter, it means “male”, otherwise “female”)
 Months on book (or number of months since a customer opened his/her 1st policy with the bank)
 Age of the customer
 Number of claims by a customer
 Create a flag for customer who has claimed and for customer who has not claimed till date.
 Flag taking the value 1 for a customer who has purchased a term insurance and 0 otherwise
 Total claims for each customer
 Flag taking value 1 for customer who will be ineligible to buy a term insurance after 5 years and value 0 otherwise
 Date of the policy expiring first, in the format like 12/31/2016
 Number of days since last claim made

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation