BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Hedegaard
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

With the following code, I am opening Excel, opening a specific file and running a macro in that file. The only problem is that between opening the specific file and running the macro it contains, Excel pops up with the prompt that asks me if I want to run the file with or without macros, and I have to manually choose "With macros" before my SAS program continues. Can I get SAS to either ignore this prompt or to automatically choose "With macros"?

Edit: By the way, I would like my code to be able to run on other people's computers as well, so the solution where I turn off the prompt in Excel is a last way out.

START OF CODE.

x ' "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe" ';

filename EXCEL DDE 'EXCEL|SYSTEM';

data _null_;

x = sleep(3);
run;

data _null_;
     file excel;

put '[open("L:\sasdata\Test\rhk\skrbest15\rapporteringsmakro.xls")]';
     put '[RUN("rapporteringsmakro.xls!Rapportering")]';

run;

END OF CODE.

Kind regards,

Rasmus Hedegaard.

1 REPLY 1
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This is a tough one.  I think that message is present (or suppressed) based on a registry setting in Windows.  If the users have a certain amount of administrative access to their own computers, you could use any one of the registry editing programs to set up a small executable to modify the registry.  If not, your network admins would have to do it with their tools.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation