BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JoãoG
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any SAS option to avoid the following error statement to be written in the log:
"ERROR: Errors printed on page..."

I have redirected errors to another log, via proc printto, but at the end the SAS process wrotes the statement above.

Thanks,
João Gonçalves
4 REPLIES 4
TimB_SAS
SAS Employee
Joao -

There is not an option to turn off the reporting of ERRORs. Your best approach may be a call to Technical Support for help to resolve the errors that are being reported.
JoãoG
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Tim,
I know the cause and reason of the errors and they are being treated in my job.

I have a try/lock macro trying to lock a SAS dataset. At the beginning of the macro, I redirect the log output so that the errors produced when trying to lock the dataset are discarded. Although in the log that aren't any ERROR messages, the final line is the message "ERROR: Errors printed on pages...", even though those pages don't even exist in the log file.

After the job finishes, I look in the log for the word "ERROR:" and it finds the statement above, ending my job with error code.

By what you're saying, I will have to change my UNIX job to find the "ERROR:" word discarding the "ERROR: Errors printed on pages" line.

Regards,
João G.
data_null__
Jade | Level 19
Instead of asking for a LOCK that will fail use FOPEN to test for availability then LOCK when the file is available.

Start a SAS session and submit these statements.

[pre]
libname here '.';
data here.prodclass;
set sashelp.class;
run;
proc fsview;
run;
[/pre]

Then start another SAS session and submit these statements ...

[pre]
libname here '.';
data here.tempclass;
set sashelp.class;
run;
filename DATAFIL ".\prodclass.sas7bdat";

data _null_;
do _n_ = 1 by 1 until(Obtainable);
Obtainable = fopen('DATAFIL','U');
if not Obtainable then do;
time=datetime();
put 'NOTE: File not obtainable at: ' time datetime20.2;
call sleep(10,1);
end;
end;
time=datetime();
put 'NOTE: All righty then file became obtainable at: ' time datetime20.2;
rc = fclose(Obtainable);
call execute('lock here.prodclass;');
run;

proc datasets library=here nolist;
age tempclass prodclass;
run;
quit;

lock here.prodclass clear;
[/pre]

The second session will wait, trying every 10 seconds, until you close FSVIEW in the first session.
JoãoG
Calcite | Level 5
I will give it a try.

thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation