BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have a question about the area under the Roc curves.

I plot the roc curves using the logistic procedure and the %rocplot macro but now i need to compare several Roc Curves. Idon't know how to compare the areas under the curves.

If you know the statistical test that compare several AUC and the way to compute it with SAS it will be very helpfull!!

Tank you
3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
See this paper:

DeLong ER, DeLong DM, Clarke-Pearson DL (1988). Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves; a nonparametric approach. Biometrics 44:837-845.

and

http://support.sas.com/kb/25/017.html

(obtained from google search
roc compare site:sas.com
).
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you for your answer but the two dosuments present non parametric comparison of several correlated Roc Curves. This kind of test is appliable for exemple when different diagnostic tests are performed on the same individuals.

In my case the Roc curves i need to compare are not correlated, i have one diagnostic test performed on different populations, that's why it's a little bit more complicated...
rcm
Calcite | Level 5 rcm
Calcite | Level 5
I have tried using the %ROC SAS Macro to generate areas under the curve. I am getting areas under the curves that differ from the c-statistic generated by proc logistic. Is this expected? From some of the examples I have seen from SAS papers on ROC curves, the c-stat is equivalent to the area under the curve generated by the ROC macro.

I am new to ROC curve-related analysis so I would appreciate your input.

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation