BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
art297
Opal | Level 21

The SGF on-line agenda builder, this year, doesn't have a button to push that will allow one to transfer their personal schedule to their Outlook, Google, or phone calendar.  Surely it can't be too difficult a program to write.  Anyone up to the challenge? (p.s. you only have until tomorrow if anyone is going to be able to use it!)

10 REPLIES 10
Reeza
Super User

That's what the apps for isn't it? Smiley Happy

art297
Opal | Level 21

Nope!  The app is only (I think) for iphones and only includes sas author presentations.  Not the bulk of presentations that are really offered!

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hmmm -- did you allow the app to sync??? I just went into the app and clicked sessions and can see the sessions by non-SAS authors. So my version of the app seems to have more than just SAS authors.

cynthia

art297
Opal | Level 21

Apparently an update was issued that corrected the situation.  However, I still would have liked code for downloading to Outlook and/or Google calendar.  That always used to be included as part of the agenda builder's capabilities.

art297
Opal | Level 21

It's a bit late, and I don't have time to put it all together, but I found a 2009 paper by Clarke Thacher that does exactly what I had in mind: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/086-2009.pdf

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

I just saw this.  Would have been fun to work on...  The iPhone app was indeed updated and now has all the papers and can send you calender items, it is very nice.

art297
Opal | Level 21

If you have an IPhone.  I've still got another year remaining on my current cell phone plan.  See you in Orlando!

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Valid point.  I am almost through with a solution.

art297
Opal | Level 21

Hey, if you can get it ready on time, I'd be quite happy test test it, run it, and load the results on my quite non-iphone.  Too late for a paper this year, but 2013 isn't that far away Smiley Happy

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

barely tested, I do not expect it to be fully functional.

filename sgf url 'http://sgf2012.confnav.com/sgf2012/web/sessions/date/view.html';

data foo;

if _n_=1 then day='21APR2012'd;

id+1;

infile sgf lrecl=32767 truncover firstobs=62 obs=582;

input @;

_infile_=tranwrd(left(prxchange('s/<[^>]+>|\x26nbsp;/ /o',-1,_infile_)),'&reg;',' ');

format start_time end_time time.;

start_time=input(scan(_infile_,1,'2D09'x,'r'),time.);

end_time=input(scan(_infile_,2,'2D09'x,'r'),time.);

title=scan(_infile_,2,'09'x,'r');

array author[3:9] $ 256 author1-author7;

do _n_=3 to countw(_infile_,'09'x)-1;

author[_n_]=scan(_infile_,_n_,'09'x,'r');

if author[_n_]='Gaylord Palms Resort,' then call missing(author[_n_]);

end;

room=scan(_infile_,_n_,'09'x,'r');

if lag(end_time)-start_time>13000 then day+1;

run;

filename ics '/path/to/write.ics';

data bar;

set foo(where=(id=1));

start_dt=dhms(day,hour(start_time),minute(start_time),0);

end_dt=dhms(day,hour(end_time),minute(end_time),0);

* file ics;

put 'BEGIN:VCALENDAR' /

'PRODID:-//http://sgf2012.confnav.com' /

'BEGIN:VEVENT' /

'DTSTART:' start_dt B8601DZ20. /

'DTEND:' end_dt B8601DZ20. /

'LOCATION:' room /

'DESCRIPTION:' title /

'Start Time:' start_dt mdyampm17. /

'End Time:' end_dt mdyampm17. /

'PRIORITY:3' /

'END:VEVENT' /

'END:VCALENDAR'

;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation