DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

Any way we can capture number of rows that was updated in update statement results log?

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Any way we can capture number of rows that was updated in update statement results log?

Hello

I have a inner loop which has a series Update statements which I need to loop it until update statement results from step N-1 is equal to one from Step N. Then I have to go back to outer loop.

the inner loop syntax would be:

Inner loop:

%do J = 1 %to 200;

a series update statements...

%if (update statement results from step J) <>(update statement results from step J-1) %then %goto leave_inner;

/* (in other words, if 1 row was updated in WORK.DATA from Step J-1 but  0 row was updated in WORK.DATA from StepJ, then we use %goto to leave the inner loop)*/

%end;

%leave_inner: /* leave inner loop to outer loop*/

if there is a way to capture just the number of rows that was updated in update statement results log and then put it into a macro, that would solve my problem as well.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Lei

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎03-14-2014 01:52 PM
Respected Advisor

Re: Any way we can capture number of rows that was updated in update statement results log?

Assuming that "update statements" refer to SQL UPDATE statements, you could get the number of records updated (not necessarily changed) after each query from the SQLOBS automatic macro variable.

PG

PG

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎03-14-2014 01:52 PM
Respected Advisor

Re: Any way we can capture number of rows that was updated in update statement results log?

Assuming that "update statements" refer to SQL UPDATE statements, you could get the number of records updated (not necessarily changed) after each query from the SQLOBS automatic macro variable.

PG

PG
Contributor

tested and works! Thank you. PGStars.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation