BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Attyslogin
Obsidian | Level 7

|              ___________   |          

| Name : |___________|  |

|____________________ |

Lets say i have an image like above stored on path c:\desktop\img.bmp

1] I want to import this image into my report

2] Now my requirement is to add a text into name box. That is my text should appear over image. I want to provide manually cordinates and text.

how to do this... thanks

How will i be able to do this ?  

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Which ODS destination will you use? The options may be destination specific.

If you intend to place text from a data set or your report then this will likely fail as the "image" is that and you can't add text to an external image file.

Depending on exactly how you create your report it may well be possbile to create appearance similar to what you want within SAS with style options but more details would be needed to provide details.

Attyslogin
Obsidian | Level 7

HTML ODS i am using.

Actually my dataset has employee_name variable which contains various employee names

So report requirement is employee name should appear in name box and then beneath it has all the detail of employee.

I gonna use macro to let appear employee name automatically at given cordinates over image.

This is all about.

ballardw
Super User

Depending on what your report consists of you might consider either Proc Report or Tabulate with your employee_name as a PAGE variable and provide style overrides to place a the label "Name:" before the value and box around the text.

I suspect you are not going to have much luck "overprinting" text onto an image unless you are 1) sending the report to a printer and 2) have very good knowledge of that printer's control codes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation