BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
statsman58
Calcite | Level 5

How can I use SAS to read data that resides in a cloud-based storeage program?  I am trying to read data that is stored in a package called SmartValut (like Dropbox).

I currently read data from a FTP site but it has been moved to this SmartValut package.

Thanks. Samuel

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Not sure what SmartValue is but if you have a path to the file that's public you can use the methods here:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/12/18/using-sas-to-access-data-stored-on-dropbox/

Basically FILENAME URL is what you want to search for, I believe there is a way to get to secured files but I don't know how off the top of my head.

@statsman58 wrote:

How can I use SAS to read data that resides in a cloud-based storeage program?  I am trying to read data that is stored in a package called SmartValut (like Dropbox).

I currently read data from a FTP site but it has been moved to this SmartValut package.

Thanks. Samuel

statsman58
Calcite | Level 5

Very interesting!!! I'll give this a try.  Thanks!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation