BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello

what's the best mode to access to an existing xls and dbf (access) file, so I can update it from SAS data step

I read a paper advising to use LIBNAME xxxx OLEDB method, I try it but I've received the following message ERROR: The OLEDB engine cannot be found

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Are you licensed for SAS/Access? What SAS version, OS where installed, running SAS local or remote to a server machine, and share SAS code (preferably in the SAS-generated log) you are executing.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts700.pdf
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have got SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC Software,SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE Software,SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files Software

SAS ver 9.1.3 - Win XP

Running local and signed on to Sas on Unix machine

I search to access and modify a dbf database
Now I use this code, it works, but I search some more efficient code

proc access dbms=dbf;
/* create access descriptor */
create work.tab18_01.access;
path='c:\data';
assign=yes;
list all;
create work.tab18_02.view;
select all;
run;

Tks Message was edited by: andrew001

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation