BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
summy
Calcite | Level 5

ods listing close;

ods tagsets.excelxp  file="F:\Citi_code\SAS\test.xls" style=printer  options  (sheet_name= 'Print');

proc print data=sashelp.class noobs;run;

ods tagsets.excelxp options (sheet_name='freq');

proc print data=sashelp.class noobs;var sex;run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

ods listing;

/*********************************************************/

I find that, options  (sheet_name= 'Print') and options (sheet_name='freq') do not work,the sheets name are 'Table 1 - Data Set SASHELP.CLAS' and 'Table 2 - Data Set SASHELP.CLAS',do not display 'Print' and 'freq'.

Please help me.How can I get the sheets name?

Thanks in advance.

ODS01.JPG
7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

Try using the Sheet_label option instead.

summy
Calcite | Level 5

I try this:

options  (sheet_name= 'Print' sheet_label="Label_Print")

options(sheet_name='Freq' sheet_label="Label_Freq")

It still does not work!

I cann't believe!!!

Reeza
Super User

This worked fine for me. What version of tagsets are you using and what version of SAS? You can get that from the log, mine is below.

Please post your log as well, if you're still having issues.

NOTE: This is the Excel XP tagset (Compatible with SAS 9.1.3 and above, v1.94, 09/09/12). Add

options(doc='help') to the ods statement for more information.

ods listing close;

ods tagsets.excelxp  file="C:\Temp\test.xls" style=printer  options  (sheet_name="print");

proc print data=sashelp.class noobs;run;

ods tagsets.excelxp options (sheet_name="freq");

proc print data=sashelp.class noobs;var sex;run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

ods listing;

ods tagsets.excelxp options(doc='help');

summy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot,Reeza.

I download excltags.tpl from http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/SAS 9.1 tagsets (.zip).

And add %include "E:\TDDOWNLOAD\tagsets_9.1\excltags.tpl" to the ods.It works.

Thanks.

summy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

When running %include "E:\TDDOWNLOAD\tagsets_9.1\excltags.tpl",SAS will save TAGSET to SASUSER.TEMPLAT.

Do you know how to block saving?

Thanks very much.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The template has to be saved someplace. SASUSER is the default location. If you do not want to write to SASUSER, then you can write the template to WORK using the ODS PATH statement. Something like this -- placed BEFORE your %include:

ODS PATH WORK.TMPL(update) SASUSER.TEMPLAT(update) SASHELP.TMPLMST(read);

will cause the WORK location to be the first location chosen for saving instead of SASUSER. If you are using SAS Enterprise Guide or the BI platform, you might want to investigate the use of the PREPEND option for ODS PATH, so you do not tamper with any template stores used by these products.

But, this does mean that EVERY time you want to use this version of TAGSETS.EXCELXP, you will have to rerun the template code. And, so will anyone who wants to replicate your results.

cynthia

summy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thanks.I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide which installed on the server,and every time I run  %include "E:\TDDOWNLOAD\tagsets_9.1\excltags.tpl", it return an error that cann't store TAGSET,so if the template has to be saved someplace,I have to write the template to WORK.

So I'll set ODS PATH WORK.TMPL(update) SASUSER.TEMPLAT(update) SASHELP.TMPLMST(read) before %include.

Thanks very much.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation