BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanielDor
Obsidian | Level 7

Greetings,

I would like to use A Macro to Calculate Kappa Statistics for Categorizations by Multiple Raters for a Delphi study. I need to assess the agreement on multi-category ratings by multiple raters.

I'm trying to use the MKAPPA Macro (http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/155-30.pdf) but without success. I'm using SAS9.4, and i'm getting no output from the Macro.

Could anyone suggest me on what to do? Is there other Kappa Statistics Macros that I can use? 

Thanks!

D

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

When you copy and paste from a PDF you likely introduced some invisible characters in your code. Sometimes typing it out or using a editor to remove these symbols is enough to get it working. 

Why isn't it working for you? 

DanielDor
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza,

1. Thanks for your prompt answer. I did copy-pasted from PDF. I will try to write it down and then to run it again.

2. I've also tried to use now this macro (http://support.sas.com/kb/25/006.html). It worked for the example with 5 raters and 10 subjects, but did'nt work for 35 raters and 35 subjects. I've got the following error:

WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference M not resolved.
ERROR: A character operand was found in the %EVAL function or %IF condition where a numeric operand is required. The condition was:
&m=1 or &n=1
WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference N not resolved.
ERROR: The macro MAGREE will stop executing.

3. Do you have an idea what can be the problem?

Thanks!

Reeza
Super User

I can't run anything now, but I suspect with 35 raters and subjects you don't have enough information to calculate a kappa - degrees of freedom and inability to invert a matrix idea. You need more subjects than taters. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation