BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nzrdufiu
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to calculate three-month market adjusted value weighted return exclusive of dividends corresponding to the fiscal quarter. 
I want to calculate this variable from CRSP. I was googled but did not find any SAS codes. 

I look forward to hearing from experts. 

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Reeza
Super User

Your question is very, very topic specific. This means you need to wait for a finance person who understand exactly what the terms you're referring to mean and what you're trying to calculate. 

If you generalize the question, explain it in detail, show sample data and explain the calculation you're likely to get a faster response as the number of people who can answer it increases significantly. 

PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

Show some sample data and what your desired result looks like to get a code answer 🙂

nzrdufiu
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Rfor your quick reply. 

I have the following data:

Year  Month  return    Company 

2000  1          10          A

2000   2          12         A

2000   3           14        A

.          .            .

.         .             .

.         .             .

2000  12          16          A

.          1            10         B

.           2             15       B

I need to calculate 3-month market adjusted returns. 

Thanks.

Reeza
Super User

Look at PROC EXPAND.,it's used to calculate moving statistics.

If you want more help you need to provide more information. 

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@nzrdufiu

1. Provide have sample data as a fully working SAS data step. Don't expect us to do all the work for you.

2. Provide/show us how the desired result should look like

3. Explain us the logic how you need to get from the Have data to the desired output. Try to explain the required logic in non-finance terms and as detailed as possible as this will allow much more people to understand your problem (=faster and likely "better" answers).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation