DATA Step, Macro, Functions and more

10 to the power of 9....diplay in dataset

SAS Employee

10 to the power of 9....diplay in dataset

Hi,

This is silly question, but i want to know...any possibility....

I want to display the value "10 to the power of 9" value in a variable in a dataset using datastep coding techniques...

I mean its like superscript.....

Pavan.

null null
Contributor

Re: 10 to the power of 9....diplay in dataset

Posted in reply to Pavan_SAS
data data1;
a=10;
b=9;
c=a ** b;
run;
Super User

You wanted to store a superscript in a dataset? Or does the above answer your question.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

To the OP: are you stating that you have either a SAS database file (or an external file) with numeric values which you want to translate into related verbiage that conveys their "x to the power of y" in a report or some other type of output-display representation?

It would be most helpful to demonstrate your interest/objective with this post by sending a post-reply with both INPUT and OUTPUT data representations that you would like to see as if it were in a SAS database file and variable situation.

Of course, some additional info about how you intend to use this information would be a curious bit of extra-credit work on your part, especially given the attention gained with your intial post and how it was worded.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc. Message was edited by: sbb
Valued Guide

I think that it is not the value but the formula that you want to store. Is the following close to what you are looking for? Formats are also an option.
[pre]data a;
txt = '10~{super 9}';
run;
ods escapechar='~';
ods pdf file='c:\temp\super.pdf';
proc print data=a;
run;
ods pdf close;[/pre]
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes