BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pavan_SAS
SAS Employee
Hi,

This is silly question, but i want to know...any possibility....

I want to display the value "10 to the power of 9" value in a variable in a dataset using datastep coding techniques...

I mean its like superscript.....

Pavan.

null null
4 REPLIES 4
DPraba79
Calcite | Level 5
data data1;
a=10;
b=9;
c=a ** b;
run;
Reeza
Super User
You wanted to store a superscript in a dataset? Or does the above answer your question.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
To the OP: are you stating that you have either a SAS database file (or an external file) with numeric values which you want to translate into related verbiage that conveys their "x to the power of y" in a report or some other type of output-display representation?

It would be most helpful to demonstrate your interest/objective with this post by sending a post-reply with both INPUT and OUTPUT data representations that you would like to see as if it were in a SAS database file and variable situation.

Of course, some additional info about how you intend to use this information would be a curious bit of extra-credit work on your part, especially given the attention gained with your intial post and how it was worded.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc. Message was edited by: sbb
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I think that it is not the value but the formula that you want to store. Is the following close to what you are looking for? Formats are also an option.
[pre]data a;
txt = '10~{super 9}';
run;
ods escapechar='~';
ods pdf file='c:\temp\super.pdf';
proc print data=a;
run;
ods pdf close;[/pre]

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation