BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

How Can I Visualize Global COVID-19 Survey Data? Q&A, Slides, and On-Demand Recording

Started ‎11-12-2020 by
Modified ‎11-12-2020 by
Views 4,529
COVID-19 Survey Data.jpg

Did you miss the Ask the Expert session on visualizing global COVID-19 survey data? Not to worry, you can catch it on-demand at your leisure. 

Watch the webinar

In the battle against COVID-19, analytics can be one of our greatest assets. SAS Visual Analytics provides a complete platform for analytics visualization, helping identify previously hidden patterns and relationships in data. See the interactive design in action and how to display your data in an external environment. Our SAS experts cover the process in preparing data for analysis and how to create reports. During this webinar, you will learn:

• Ways to create reports from scratch in SAS Visual Analytics.
  • How to gain insights into the data generated from the three surveys in the Global Business Barometer.*
  • How to access and use cloud-based analytics and visualization.

* Source: The Economist Intelligence Unit Global Business Barometer

The questions from the Q&A segment held at the end of the webinar are listed below and the slides from the webinar are attached.

I am used to working in open source. How does this dashboard fit in with open source?

As you saw in the presentation, the barometer was an external object. This is an example of how we embrace open source. In the report, we showed external visualizations. In that particular one, we used D3 java script-based visualization libraries. You can also code directly in other languages such as Python, R, Lua through Viya APIs. We offer APIs so you can embed SAS content in an external environment. In this example, we leveraged the VASDK and we also have the mobile app SDK if you want to quickly turn your dataviz into a native mobile app.

Can I try and use SAS Visual Analytics myself?

Sure - SAS provides free trials of SAS Viya solutions and you can try these features for yourself. You can use the resources below to learn and try the software today.

Can I just load a spreadsheet or csv file and start to play?

Absolutely! We often just drag some data into SAS Visual Analytics and start to explore and design data visualization. It is easy without coding anything. Clearly, some folks really like the flexibility to code and preprocess their spreadsheets, and other folks are happy to use smart AI wizards with drag and drop features - and both styles can be done with SAS Viya.

My coding skills are rusty – how important is it to be able to code in order to use this application with our own data?

You don’t need to code. You can drag and drop in a spreadsheet using the wizard in SAS Visual Analytics. SAS Visual Analytics is a visual experience where non-coders can discover and explore data with the need to code at all. SAS Visual Analytics software is great for business analysts and data scientists alike. 

Recommended Resources

Visual Analytics Solution Page 

Visual Analytics Support Resources 

SAS-Hosted Global Business Barometer Microsite

Save 50% on SAS Certification Exams

Want more tips? Be sure to subscribe to the Ask the Expert board to receive follow up Q&A, slides and recordings from other SAS Ask the Expert webinars.  

Version history
Last update:
‎11-12-2020 01:59 PM
Updated by:
Contributors

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Article Tags