BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Friends,

I was trying to install sas 9.3 in Centos Linux server but when i run the ./setup.sh file i'm not getting the sas wizzad.

./setup.sh

Preparing the SAS Deployment Wizard...

Launching the SAS Deployment Wizard...

Ie:- set the xclient, set the java home path.

Can any one please help me.

Many Thanks,

Kanamarlapudi suman reddy

3 REPLIES 3
FriedEgg
SAS Employee

You should read the prerequisites section of you install, you are probably missing a bunch of required x libraries.  Page 5 of the link below:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnlaxsr/64419/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

You should also note that CentOS is not a SAS supported Linux flavor, it will still work though.

ksuman
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Frie Smiley Happy, Centos 6.3 and 6.5 is supported to 9.3 and 9.4 and centos is nothing but redhat.

If you have any idea what is the library's can you please help me out.

Thanks,

Kanamarlapudi suman reddy         

FriedEgg
SAS Employee

Yes, CentOS is basically binary compliant with RHEL, however, that doesn't make it RHEL.  The officially supported Linux OS for 9.3 are SuSE SLES 10/11, RHEL 5/6, and Oracle Linux 5.5/6 (Which is also basically RHEL).  You can view that list here: SAS Supported Operating Systems

As for the list of what libraries you are missing, as I mentioned in the previous post, they are listed on page 5 of the document I linked, also below:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnlaxsr/64419/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

If you are using 64-bit Linux, then you need 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the following libraries/packages:

libXp

libXtst

libXext

(there are possibly others as the lists provided assume you are using a officially supported OS, and no matter how similar, there are always differences among flavors of Linux)

Also possibly these:

compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61 (This is a RHEL5 package for unicode support, not sure what is applicable for your version of CentOS)

glibc 2.4

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation