BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

how to tell or check if sas deployment agent is running or not on linux redhat?

when do ./sas.servers status from ..../web/config/Lev1 don't see there,,and service command will not tell as sas.servers not added to /etc/init.d I believe,,,Thank you -

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @woo,

some bits:

• to start and/or check your agent is running:  ./agentadmin.sh start

You will get:

$ ./agentadmin.sh start
agentadmin.sh: agent start: SAS Deployment Agent is already running. Process Identifier (PID) is 4056

• To be sure of the post of your agent  solstice.agent.jmx.port value at sashome/SASDeploymentAgent/9.4/config/agent.properties
  • If you will check the port, please do it on that port.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @woo,

unfortunately, the SAS Deployment Agent it is, indeed, not managed by the sas.servers script. You can manage it only independently.

Please see the links below, they have all the information.

What you can do, is to create your own sas.servers script (do not modify the current one) and include the lines to check the status of this service, and to stop/start it.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=p0unuqm5ft99abn1hbgkzp5rjwj9.htm&docsetVer...

https://communities.sas.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/library/article-id/1448

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks  

so if want to make own script how much information script would include? I see agent.sh script at ....install/SASDeploymentAgent/9.4,

if I do ./agent.sh status -> it gives me nothing,

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @woo,

for status, probably you should try a telnet command to the port of your Deployment Agent or check on netstat

woo
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks Juan but this gets me nothing as root (not sure on what port, SDA is running so checking with default one,

lsof -I :5660 -S

or

netstat -tulpn | grep :5660

or with 5669

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @woo,

some bits:

• to start and/or check your agent is running:  ./agentadmin.sh start

You will get:

$ ./agentadmin.sh start
agentadmin.sh: agent start: SAS Deployment Agent is already running. Process Identifier (PID) is 4056

• To be sure of the post of your agent  solstice.agent.jmx.port value at sashome/SASDeploymentAgent/9.4/config/agent.properties
  • If you will check the port, please do it on that port.
mpiazzolla
Calcite | Level 5

Extracted from the document SAS® Deployment Wizard and SAS® Deployment Manager 9.4: User’s Guide, Chapter 8 SAS Deployment Agent:

"Checking the Status of the SAS Deployment Agent (UNIX only)
Another method for determining the status of the agent on UNIX machines is to issue the following command on the machine where the agent is running:
agentadmin.sh stat up"

example

/SASHome/SASDeploymentAgent/9.4/agentadmin.sh stat up

result

agentadmin.sh: agent status: SAS Deployment Agent is running. Process identifier (PID) is 932

Regards

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation