BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
BonnaryW
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

How can run this this command in a background on windows server 2012 R2.  I used  he Task Scheduler and it's not doing anything.

"C:\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\Sas.exe" -sysin "C:\SASTEST.sas" -LOG "C:\DATAM\SASTEST.log" -NOSPLASH -NOLOGO -ICON

Thank you for any assistance you can provide me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@BonnaryW

1. Does the batch command work when you execute it out of a command prompt?

2. Has the scheduler ever executed it? What does the history tell you?  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722006(v=ws.11).aspx

Are you sure the user used for batch processing got all the required permissions to read and write from/to the chosen locations on your disk?

Also: I would be using sas.bat from your Lev<n> environment and not directly sas.exe under Foundation so that you get your environment created in the same way than what you're using out of a SAS EG session.

I would also go for a rollover log so that consecutive executions of your job don't overwrite the log.

Here a batch command which should work once you've amended the paths for your environment.

C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\sas.bat -sysin "C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\Code\testjob.sas" -logparm "rollover=session" -log "C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironmentLogs\testjob_#Y.#m.#d_#H.#M.#s.log" -print "C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\Output\testjob_#Y.#m.#d_#H.#M.#s.lst" -noterminal -batch -icon -nosplash -metauser "<user>" -metapass "<credentials>

Depending on your environement you probably don't need options -metauser and -metapass

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@BonnaryW

1. Does the batch command work when you execute it out of a command prompt?

2. Has the scheduler ever executed it? What does the history tell you?  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722006(v=ws.11).aspx

Are you sure the user used for batch processing got all the required permissions to read and write from/to the chosen locations on your disk?

Also: I would be using sas.bat from your Lev<n> environment and not directly sas.exe under Foundation so that you get your environment created in the same way than what you're using out of a SAS EG session.

I would also go for a rollover log so that consecutive executions of your job don't overwrite the log.

Here a batch command which should work once you've amended the paths for your environment.

C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\sas.bat -sysin "C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\Code\testjob.sas" -logparm "rollover=session" -log "C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironmentLogs\testjob_#Y.#m.#d_#H.#M.#s.log" -print "C:\SAS\config\Lev1\SASApp\SASEnvironment\Output\testjob_#Y.#m.#d_#H.#M.#s.lst" -noterminal -batch -icon -nosplash -metauser "<user>" -metapass "<credentials>

Depending on your environement you probably don't need options -metauser and -metapass

BonnaryW
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much Patrick.  I will give it a try.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation