BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6

We have a SAS BI platform installed on, let's say, server#1.  When I try to access a SAS library on another server, let's say, server#2, we get the error message:

"User does not have appropriate authorization level for library 'library name'"

User is able to access that directory location locally from the Run command box on server#1.  So, to me it looks like the OS permissions are correct, but when SAS tries to assign a library, from the SAS server as that user, it fails with an authorization error:

It seems like SAS itself does not have the permission to access the data on the other server.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The user may only have read access.  SAS generally asks for write access when allocating libraries.

When I searched for "User does not have appropriate authorization level" on support.sas.com, I found about a dozen different conditions that could cause that error message.  Research them, or call Tech Support.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The user may only have read access.  SAS generally asks for write access when allocating libraries.

When I searched for "User does not have appropriate authorization level" on support.sas.com, I found about a dozen different conditions that could cause that error message.  Research them, or call Tech Support.

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

RobbieFreddie
Calcite | Level 5

Do you have the accounts tab under "User Manager" within SAS Management Console correct?  Namely the logins defined for the user having the issues?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Have the user issue a libname statement from within EG (as code) to assign the library which is not working, eg: libname Test 'library path as seen from executing server';

If this works then you know that OS permissions as such are o.k. and you only have to fix up metadata definitions (eg: read for both medadata AND data).

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation