01-08-2014 07:20 PM
Can any one please define how to 'performance tuning, optimizing the environment, Improve performance sas servers'
Suman K Reddy
01-15-2014 08:11 PM
you have to read more in order to get this all done. "improve performance sas server" and "optimization of server" include lot like
- check space available on c:\ drive to run eg and all other applications
- make sure you are not leaving behind unwanted datasets|queries in work folder after closing sas applications
- performance also depends on what kind of code you are using. proc sql or libaname statements
- you can edit some bat file options to get better performance....
- if someone has large dataset open in his/her session and other users are also connected to same server - it will also affects performance.
- and many many more things...
long story short - its a bigger topic than we can think....
01-16-2014 09:29 AM
Yes, the question/topic is not suitable for a tiny thread.
I suggest that you start to work with and understand SAS servers and processes. Then as the next level you can start to concern about performance.