BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Santt0sh
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi All,

I need to Add or update email addresses for users on Metadata, I have more than 100 emails to be updated and this request comes 

frequently and i spend a lot of time updating the Email type and the Email addresses.

Could you please suggest, how this can be done by using a Macro or a program?

I have used proc metadata to register a table.

Thank you!!!

Regards S.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at the two programs importad.sas and importpw.sas in SASHOME/SASFoundation/9.4/samples/base.

There you can see how external data is prepared for syncing with the metadata. Use the "extract" part to create the normalized database of users, and one of the tables will contain the emails as currently stored in metadata. Put your new emails in there, and run the sync off that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Look at the two programs importad.sas and importpw.sas in SASHOME/SASFoundation/9.4/samples/base.

There you can see how external data is prepared for syncing with the metadata. Use the "extract" part to create the normalized database of users, and one of the tables will contain the emails as currently stored in metadata. Put your new emails in there, and run the sync off that.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation