Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

_mm_Config directory in /tmp

Accepted Solution Solved
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

_mm_Config directory in /tmp

Hello Experts.

In the mid-tier application server installed for model manager application there is log directory which is generated under /tmp/_mm_config. Due to the absence of this folder publishing of model manger or launch of application it fails. Work around is clean reboot of jvms so that we get fresh directory under /tmp/ i.e _mm_config.  I want to trace back the logging configuration and redirect this to some other location and test the issues. Couldn’t actually figure out where it is. In what configuration file and in what directory I can have this setting so that I can change it.

-Djava.io.tmpdir this is the parameter which needs to be changed

Application server used is Websphere7  . Model manger 12.1, OS Linux

Regards,

Nagraj

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-14-2017 11:11 AM
New Contributor

Re: _mm_Config directory in /tmp

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Hello  ,

Thank for sharing the links pretty usefull. I had a track open with SAS on this and we learnt that this setting can be changed in JVM argmuments . We need to pass this argument in IBM WAS  Admin console.  This redirected the log to other location from default /tmp.

Regards,

View solution in original post

All Replies
Trusted Advisor

Solution
‎12-14-2017 11:11 AM
New Contributor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

Hello  ,

Thank for sharing the links pretty usefull. I had a track open with SAS on this and we learnt that this setting can be changed in JVM argmuments . We need to pass this argument in IBM WAS  Admin console.  This redirected the log to other location from default /tmp.

Regards,

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation