BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

We are currently using SMC for scheduling jobs. We build our job flows via Schedule Manager plug-in for SAS Management Console and it runs on a HP unix. Do anyone know if or where the information about job flow name and contained jobs are stored ? thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

As far as I know (I don't have much practice with this plugin-in), the corresponding information is stored :

1. in the SAS Metadata repository as regards Process & Scheduling information
  2. on the SAS execution server as regards the Deployed source code (<Deployment directory>/ <Job.sas>).

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

At our company we have created an open-source tool called EOM Job Monitor (you can find a brief explanation on/demonstration of this tool here).

The information about the job flows and the jobs that are shown in the tool is retrieved from the metadata and can give real time progress on running flows plus information on completion, warnings and errors found.

There are some prerequisites for the tool to work.

Bottomline is that this information can be retrieved from the metadata.

ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

As far as I know (I don't have much practice with this plugin-in), the corresponding information is stored :

1. in the SAS Metadata repository as regards Process & Scheduling information
  2. on the SAS execution server as regards the Deployed source code (<Deployment directory>/ <Job.sas>).
ronan
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Add. : 3. WIP Data Server as regards Performance & Completion Statistics ('Metrics') and also, maybe, SAS web Environment Manager ACM Kit Database

Depending on your SAS licence, there is a plug-in in the SAS Environment Manager called 'SAS Job Monitor' for retrieving and displaying the previous information (never used) :

https://support.sas.com/rnd/emi/SASEnvMgr/plugin/other-job-monitor.html
ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi ,

We have testet a lot of possibilities on basis om the solutions mentioned here. The clue to the solution was the metadata respository. We got a macro from SAS Support which helped us to retrieve the information from the SAS meatadata respository by SAS code. Thank you all for you replies.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

How will you use this information?

Just nice-to-know, or?

Data never sleeps
ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

it should help me in planning my job flows so they are distributed in a effective manner. Start og endtime.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Execution during test should give quite a good feeling about execution times etc.

If you wish to futher optimize your batch flow, I would look into what Environment Manager has  to offer, in form of job statistics.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are using LSF as your scheduler then you also have the also have the Flow Manager tool that allows you to both manage, monitor plus keeps a historical record of all jobs. 

ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi ,

We have testet a lot of possibilities on basis om the solutions mentioned here. The clue to the solution was the metadata respository. We got a macro fro SAS Support which helped us to retrieve the information from the SAS meatadata respository. Thank you all for you replies.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation