Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

jboss SSL

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

jboss SSL

Hello,

How would I generate a self-signed certification and enable SSL  in JBoss for SAS 9.3 on a Solaris 10 machine.

Thanks -Carl Mathews

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎11-19-2012 05:30 PM
PROC Star

Re: jboss SSL

Hi Carl,

There's a great document about this in the Third-Party Software Reference and JBoss Application Server Documentation for SAS® 9.3 section of support.sas.com:

Configuring the JBoss Application Server for Secure Sockets Layer and Client-Certificate Authenticat...

It sounds like you just want One Way SSL-Authentication which is covered in the first part of the document.  The document also covers Two-Way SSL Authentication where, in addition to the server having an SSL certificate, the clients are also issued with individual SSL certificates for client authentication.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎11-19-2012 05:30 PM
PROC Star

Hi Carl,

There's a great document about this in the Third-Party Software Reference and JBoss Application Server Documentation for SAS® 9.3 section of support.sas.com:

Configuring the JBoss Application Server for Secure Sockets Layer and Client-Certificate Authenticat...

It sounds like you just want One Way SSL-Authentication which is covered in the first part of the document.  The document also covers Two-Way SSL Authentication where, in addition to the server having an SSL certificate, the clients are also issued with individual SSL certificates for client authentication.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the Documentation

Carl Mathews

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation