BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi team,

I'm busy upgrading SAS Visual Analytics from M2 to M4 on a standalone Windows 2012 instance.

The software upgrade in the SDW went ok, but the config update in the SDM fails with...

"java.io.IOException: Unable to delete directory F:\SASVA_71\config\Lev1\Web\Staging\exploded\vfabrictcsvr_temp\sas.va.linkservices.war\WEB-INF\lib"

I can create and delete the directory ok using Windows Explorer, but the SDM still complians. Plenty of disk space available.

Any ideas ? SAS support Track already logged.

Thanks,

Nico.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What user account are you using for the upgrade? This would normally be the SAS install account. If this is the case, check if the SAS install account has the permissions to delete the directory.

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11
Yes, using the SAS installer account and can create and delete the directory. The directory the SDM is complaining about, doesn't exist. So maybe it more that, rather than permissions. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You can and it will solve that specific issue, although I would expect you might find further similar messages.

Worth the try, and if you get additional messages of the same kind, probably the approach must be different (as exploding that specific web application or to contact SAS Technical Support)

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11
Yes, sure I saw it with other files too, so probably a bigger issue..
Thanks for the ideas. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation