BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9

I am searching if there is some existing test to validate if most used DI transformations work properly after installing hotfixes? Also what else is handy validate in SAS 9.4, pls advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Quentin
Super User

I don't know about DI studio, but for SAS 9.4 in general it ships with an Install Qualification tool and an Operational Qualification tool.  I know that's the case for the PC version of 9.4, I assume it's also the case with 9.4 running on a server (I'm not an admin).  

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

AFAIK there is no such test available OOTB.

When it comes to DI Studio jobs/tranformaitons - this is a development tool. 

You update transformations and jobs after there is a requirement to do so, and then you test your updated jobs before deploying them to production.

What you could do is copy all deployed jobs code . Redeploy all jobs and then do a bulk text comparison using your tool of choice.

Data never sleeps
touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you for your answer. It is not always clear in which group the topics suits the best.

Could you tell some more about the tool of my choice, what can be the best to do such comparison?

touwen_k
Pyrite | Level 9

I am searching for guidance or an existing test to validate that most common transformations in Data Integration Studio of SAS 9.4 work properly after installing hotfixes? Pls advise.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Merged due to duplicate post.
Data never sleeps
Quentin
Super User

I don't know about DI studio, but for SAS 9.4 in general it ships with an Install Qualification tool and an Operational Qualification tool.  I know that's the case for the PC version of 9.4, I assume it's also the case with 9.4 running on a server (I'm not an admin).  

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation