BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Please share your knowledge to help us on: How to upgrade sas viya 3.2 to the upcoming release of sas viya 3.3. Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Instructions for the upgrade in place will be released as soon as SAS Viya 3.3 will be released.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Instructions for the upgrade in place will be released as soon as SAS Viya 3.3 will be released.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @AmitSri,

I have a update on this topic, however the answer by @alexal probably still stands.

http://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=calcdc&cdcVersion=3.2&docsetId=calupdates&docsetTarget=titlepage...

This guide explains how to apply software updates on Viya. Perhaps at certain versions there will be some specifics to consider, as on 9.4. Let's see if there is any when 3.3 is released.

alexal
SAS Employee

@JuanS_OCS,

These instructions partial apply for SAS Viya 3.3. There will be a few changes...

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thanks for the comment @alexal. As I earlier mentioned, no discussion, your answer stands. It is just a small update on the documentation which I thought it could be interesting for the initial question. 

daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

A little pointer to people before running this: 

We've found it useful to upgrade ansible before running the playbook. 

pip install ansible --upgrade 

Can save hours, ansible 2.2.1 seems to cause trouble.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation