BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
touwen_k
Quartz | Level 8

good morning,

from time to time there are vulnerabilities, how can I check which version of Apache web server is used my SAS 9.4 environment? When I am checking the registry, SAs has is over pivotal web server. What is the connection between apache vs pivotal web server? regards Karolina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi Karolina,

Check out this SAS Blog entries 

1. The SAS Hot Fix Analysis, Download and Deployment (SASHFADD) Tool
  2. Understanding the SAS Hot Fix Analysis, Download and Deployment Tool Report
  3. How to schedule and manage your SAS hot fixes

It will show you how you can find all available Hot Fixes for your current SAS deployment, and which ones are related security vulnerabilities and alerts.

Plus the SAS Product Security - Latest bulletins and updates web site can you provide you with more insight into reported/identified security vulnerabilities in the various SAS products

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

touwen_k
Quartz | Level 8
HI Ahmed,
thank you very much for your answer. SASHFADD is a good tool, however as far as I have understood, it will work when the vulnerabilities are already known by SAS. Therefore I wanted to know how to check the apache version myself.
touwen_k
Quartz | Level 8

thank you very much. I have found the version number in /apps/sas/sashome/SASWebServer/9.4

AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
For clarity, here is a generic approach
$ ls -ltrh <SASHome>/SASWebServer/9.4
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 sas sas nn MMM DD YYYY httpd-2.4 -> <SASHome>/SASWebServer/9.4/httpd-2.4.51

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation