BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Ram4sas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I am looking out for suggestion and if any solution been done for below requirment.

I have a Oracle Library  in SMC called "cust" with SAS group cust_users  which has been updated with Oracle access account to connect in SAS SMC.

Auth: OraAuth

UserID -:scott

Password : pw,  added users(tom, eric) to this group as members to allow accessing the DB. 

Users are able to access oracle tables using cust library and the connection to oracle using scott user id and pw.

I want to pass the user id's tom and eric user id along with oracle account scott while connecting to oracle database to user audit purpose.

like when user access customer library, the access request shoud register in oracle like below

scott_tom and scott_eric.

Is that possible to add ant variable in SAS to suffix the user account to oracle access account while connecting to oracle DB?

Thanks,

CS

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This won't work unless you add scott_tom and scott_eric as user accounts in Oracle. You can't add a suffix to an Oracle user account and somehow expect Oracle to make sense of it.

If you want to track individual usage of Oracle from SAS then you need to use individual accounts in Oracle. A better option would be to use OS user name authentication to access Oracle. That would require Oracle to be configured for this.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation