Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

encrypted libraries

Contributor

encrypted libraries

1.Can any one help me how to create encrypted libraries? and encrupted sas datasets? in sas 9.3/9.4? Please share some material on this.

2. How to move sas compute tier, metadata server content and data to another server? like dev to test? Can we write a sas program to do this activity manually?

Super User

Re: encrypted libraries

1. Since you have a meta data server, I suggest that you use Metadata-bound libraries. Search in the documentation for details.

2. You usually don't move a tier, but you can copy/promote the contents from one environment to another. I suggest that you do a clean install, and configuration on the new server. Then promote/migrate any metadata, programs, data to the new server. This can be done programmatically. If it's wise to do so depends on the nature of interchange of information between the environments.

Data never sleeps
SAS Employee

Here is a link to the documentation on metadata-bound libraries:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/seclibag/66930/HTML/default/viewer.htm#titlepage.htm   

Contributor

Thanks Linush. Which procedure do we need to use if we would like to promote/migrate  the metadata server content to another server ( dev to test) through program?

Super User

There's a promotion batch tool.
The nice thing is that when you do a manual export you have an option to save the corredponding script code for batch use.
See the documentation for details.
Data never sleeps
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation