BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
plkkw
Calcite | Level 5

I have configured ESRI server according to appendix A of "SAS 9.3 Intelligence Platform Web Application Administration Guide".

** I created an"esriuser" in both SAS server (in sas level and window level) and ESRI server for connection between SAS and ESRI. I use another user to install ESRI rather than the "esriuser".

I create server and Map services succesfully in SAS Management Console.

It encounter "Unable to establish RPC Connection to DCOM SCM on ... (Bind returned Bind_NAK)" everytime I click  button "Test GIS Mappings" while creating a OLAP cube with GIS data in OLAP studio. Certainly, there is no GIS data shown in Web Report Studio.

My question is: Any SAS plug-in or software I should install? any SAS confgure parameter I should set in SAS level or window level ? or any parameter I should configure in ESRI server in Window level or ESRI level?

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

That sounds like a tech support question Smiley Happy

plkkw
Calcite | Level 5

Reeza,

yes.

Anyone has SAS with ESRI connection experience?

Mickey_SAS
SAS Employee

I work with the ESRI map, and I have seen this error a few times.  It typically is a DCOM configuration issue on the ArcGIS server.  In most cases, ESRI support is able to help get the configuration setup correctly so that the DCOM communication works ok.

Feel free to contact SAS Technical Support, they can at minimum help narrow down the issue to be sure it is something that ESRI might be able to help you with.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation