BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

All,

which file do we need to include a sas programme for automatic excecution when users launching/starting SAS sessions/SAS tools?

is it appserver_autoexec_usermods.sas? or appserver_autoexec.sas? or any other file.

I want to run below code for end users and users need to use one value from below code

I tired with below file but didn't help

appserver_autoexec_usermods.sas

%include "path./data.sas";

5 REPLIES 5
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
appserver_autoexec_usermods.sas would be called if a user runs sas using Lev1/SASApp/sas.sh or higher (i.e. Lev1/SASApp/BatchServer/sasbatch.sh).
If you are running SAS directly from SASFoundation, an autoexec is not set. How is SAS being run?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
SASApp.
We have some macros setup in appserver_autoexec_usermods.sas and working fine for end users/for batch so included this %INCLUDE code but didn't help
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you are running SAS from the scripts in SASApp it should be calling appserver_autoexec_usermods.sas, and from your description it sounds like it is, which makes me think the issue is with your include statement. If you copy that statement and put it directly in the code does it execute successfully?
--
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Yes, it works in the code.
I tested it before I copy in appserver_autoexec_usermods.sas
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
You can add the ECHOAUTO option to see what code is being executed during autoexec.

ECHOAUTO System Option
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/da/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/lesysoptsref/n0aeqd6gt2adqhn19f4qpg37kksr....
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation