BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I have started deploying sas viya 3.2.

After uploading sas_viya_playbook.tgz and unpacking it, I had run this  ansible-playbook -i inventory-name-filesystem-assessment.yml to make sure that all pre-requisites are satisfied. But, while running this, I am getting error as: must specify the playbook file to run.

Could yoy plaese help me on this, I just got stuck here. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Yes, I agree with @JuanS_OCS, we are not distributing such YML file in Ansible Playbook for SAS Viya. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Can anyone suggest me on this please.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @AmitSri,

shall I understand you are running this yml file that is not actually part of the sas-viya-playbook but one customized on your own?

If it is a SAS script, please share. If it is not, it will be harder for us to find the reason, but we can give it a try.

However: are you on the right path to this yml file when you call the ansible command?

alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

Yes, I agree with @JuanS_OCS, we are not distributing such YML file in Ansible Playbook for SAS Viya. 

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Ohh Great!! even I couldnt find such file in the playbook. strange that, how did it run for the first time.

However, before going to run the deploymant script, Can I run any script that just checks for the pre-rquisites satisfactory. For, eg: can I run system-assessment.yml?
AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks for the response Juan.

I ahve not prepared any customised script for this. I just had run it that was given in the deployment guide. And before running this, I didnot check if such script file is existing in the playbook or not. However, it had run and gave the result as fail due to ansible version is more than 2.3. I have now doen graded ansible to 2.2.1 and trying to run the script. but its asking to provide the playbook file to run. when I search for this file, such file doesnot exist in the playbook. I am just wondering, how did it run for the first time amd why not now. I have not removed any files from the playbook.
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

I see what you are trying to do. Please use this command:

ansible-playbook -i <inventory-file-name> system-assessment.yml

Do not forget to add a space before system-assessment.yml

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Nice @alexal

This YML file is being run on the site.yml chain, either way, before any run, correct?

alexal
SAS Employee

@JuanS_OCS,

We recommend running system-assessment.yml before site.yml. This called pre-deployment validation.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
okay.. But, what is an inventory-file-name.
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

host_local or hosts. Depends on the type of your deployment.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
I had run it and got an error as below: (from deployment.log)

TASK [Report if a host participating in the deployment is missing the sas_vars dictionary] ***
fatal: [deployTarget]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "failed_when_result": true, "msg": "The following host(s) are missing the required sas_vars dictionary: set(). See deployment.log for details."}

NO MORE HOSTS LEFT *************************************************************

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
deployTarget : ok=10 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1
localhost : ok=4 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=0
alexal
SAS Employee

@AmitSri,

That's correct. You can't just run playbook using those inventory files. You have to edit them first, please see chapter "Edit the Inventory File" in SAS® Viya™ 3.2: Deployment Guide.

AmitSri
Pyrite | Level 9
I have edited them. I only had to edit vars.yml where I have given my odbc config, and cas_cache location. thats it.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 in conversation