BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sharda
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

Happy Memorial Weekend to you.

I started to work on the above issue on Wednesday and still couldnt figure out a resolution. Are any of you available to assist please?

I have a user who is trying to create cube but his issue keeps poping up with the following error message based on the location he is trying to store the cube in:

You do not have permissions to location "SASApp - OLAP Schema"  OR

You do not have permissions to location "Shared Data"  etc.

What can be some possible solutions (step by step if possible) please?

Thanks,

Sharda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpage
SAS Employee

Management Console. You should see both the Schema and Folder from the folders tab.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dpage
SAS Employee

You don't say how they're trying to create the Cube (hoping you mean register) - but my hunch is you're missing write member metadata on the parent folder or write metadata on the Schema.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisecag/67045/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0bxpw0fyk4srkn1xp...

sharda
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello dpage,

Thanks for a possible solution...

Here is what the users is trying to do (see screenshot attached). Do you still think I need to set the persmissions as you recommended in the link you originally posted?

Sharda

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

I actually think you are missing both permissions that @dpage suggested. His proposed solution should be the right one.

Try and please let us know.

dpage
SAS Employee

Yep. Those being unset will definitely cause the error you are seeing. 

sharda
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you dpage.

Where do I need to go to change these permissions?

Sharda

dpage
SAS Employee

Management Console. You should see both the Schema and Folder from the folders tab.

sharda
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you dpage,

Applying WMM and WM to the SASApp- OLAP Schema worked for the user. Thank you so much.

Sharda

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation