BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
QY_Liu
Obsidian | Level 7

Just turn off the anti-virus software solved the issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
QY_Liu
Obsidian | Level 7

Try to install SAS 9.4M7 for windows 11 and failed. The error shows "A problem was encounter while installing Microsoft Runtime Components 2019". Actually I checked that all the components from 2012, 2013, 2015-2019, 2015-2022 installed already.

QY_Liu
Obsidian | Level 7

SAS® 9.4 TS1M7 and higher is supported on Windows 11

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Does your user account have administrator access to the PC? This is required to do the install.

QY_Liu
Obsidian | Level 7

I did right click "Run as administrator". Is this right?

Thank you!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That should work as long as your account has administrator permissions. It would give an error if it didn't. I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support as they will need to diagnose the SAS install log.

QY_Liu
Obsidian | Level 7

I checked I do have a local account with administrator permission.

QY_Liu
Obsidian | Level 7

Just turn off the anti-virus software solved the issue.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@QY_Liu - Excellent. That's another reason SAS installs can fail. Well done on figuring that out.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation